"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bits and Pieces

I love this country! That pretty much covers everything, I think. Hope you're doing well!

Alright, so I do have a little more to add to that. 

It has been cold here! For the most part, we have had freezing rain. Joy. When I was coming home from Salzburg Saturday evening, there was snow on the ground by the road. Oh, yes, I met one of my friends in Salzburg!She is staying in Vienna during her year here and came to see this beautiful city I now consider partially mine. We went and saw Mozart's birth house, among other things (including eating pizza, which we both needed). 

This past week, I got a viola! Here she is, in case you have not seen her yet:



and chocolate hedgehogs my host mother surprised me with:


(Sorry, not the best picture, but I cannot take another, as the hedgehogs are no longer photographable, if you will excuse my English as well.)

The next time I write will hopefully be from Italy!
mary beth

1 comment: