"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Friday, July 6, 2012

A Beautiful Ending

For my last week in Austria, we easily managed to keep busy. We had lovely weather, and our weekend was spent taking the train/hiking up the Schafberg (pretty but hot!) on Saturday and visiting a medieval festival Sunday (where I experimented with shooting a bow & arrow!).



On Wednesday, we celebrated the 4th of July/my return! It was fun for everyone - and I shared the American tradition of making s'mores (a first for them)! A bit amusing to teach my friends and family to make them since I'm so accustomed to them, but I am glad that I was able to pass it on.




Today was my last day of school and last full day in my adopted country; I cannot express how much I will miss it and my friends and family here! Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me - most especially my family. I love you all and will miss you until we are able to see each other again!

see you at the airport dark and early,
mary beth

No comments:

Post a Comment