"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

This High School Stuff

Good news! I will be attending college in the fall! After too much time, I finally made my decision. :) If you want to know the specifics, feel free to contact me. However, I am not about to list them all for the entire world and its subjects to lap up. There are still plenty of details to work out, which you will surely hear about at one time or another. In the mean time, I have to finish out the school year. Which I am not so enthusiastic about at this point... summer, feel free to come now!

Prom is a thing that happened. I think that it is pretty self-explanatory; it's your high school staple. I took the day off from school (as is the custom for all, even the guys, who need all of fifteen minutes to get ready) and got ready with friends. We got our hair done, ate lunch, dressed, slathered goo on our faces, and took part in staring at little boxes with our faces stretched until twitching made it impossible to continue the hope that the beauty of youth could be preserved. Which led to these:




And then we actually WENT to prom, and good times were had by all! You know, dancing and such.
Driving test - after much delay- this Friday. Wish me luck!

xoxo,
mary beth


No comments:

Post a Comment