"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Month!

As of yesterday, I have been in Austria for one month! So, I have written up a list of a few things I have learned here so far:

1. It doesn't matter how you are to begin with - stupidity and your level of exhaustion grow together.
2. If you try, people will smile. And possibly laugh.
3. MUSHROOMS and CHOCOLATE ARE GOOD. But I cannot comment on the combination.
4. Speaking of chocolate - if you ever are in Salzburg, make sure to bring a few extra Euros for chocolate. And by I few, I don't mean 3.
5. Cliches are funny and somewhat realistic. Movies, however, are funny and should remain entertainment.
6. HAHA - you though Narnia was cool!
7. McDonald's belongs in someone else's fairy tale.
8. Meat and wurst are not the same thing.
9. Turn the knob the OTHER way -  or just stand behind the sink.
10. I would give anything for a fresh slice of  D'lorenzo's.

Enjoy the cool weather!

<3 from Mary Beth

1 comment:

  1. So I take it you have been eating lots of chocolate?! Narnia is still cool - just maybe in English-speaking countries? I hope you could get some rest so you think straight today (your #1 - I understand! I was so tired yesterday when I got home from my Sweet Ads weekend that I couldn't remember how to set the oven temperature at first). i am sending you a hug! love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete