"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An American Thanksgiving

Good afternoon, ladies and gents! (Even if it's not afternoon right now where you are, it it somewhere.) If you are American, I hope your Thanksgiving was filling and sleep-inducing. I went down to visit family, and must say that it was a good time. We did the usual - ate, took pictures, went Black Friday shopping... since we were not in the city, there were very few people out before dawn (as well as fewer stores).

The kids' table (minus yours truly)
The MAIN food table before it was ambushed... pies not included :)
When you're waiting in line at 6AM, things like this tend to happen...
Friday afternoon, we all split up at the theater to see movies. It was, for me, a clear choice: I saw the new James Bond movie. Now, I had never seen a James Bond film before (how shocking!), but my uncle told me afterwards that this one was a bit more intense than the previous ones. I still enjoyed it, but be prepared if violence is not your thing :)

Where am I today? Home from school, in bed, sick. How typical - we are off for three days, THEN I am sick. Hope to be going back in tomorrow! At least the Monday night concert (who schedules a concert on a Monday?!) went well, and I heard yesterday that I was accepted to play for All-State! If you are interested in coming to the performance, contact me and I will let you know the date and location.

Cheers!
mary beth

No comments:

Post a Comment