"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Showtime!

Hallo, liebe Leute! I trust you're all doing well this abnormally warm week before Christmas. The pictures I have for you today are rather scarce in number, but it has been manageably busy time since I last wrote. (Yes, I consider blog-writing to be like writing a letter, but it saves time because I write to everyone at once!)

This seems to be my time to catch up on shows and movies, which I am not about to complain about. The list begins: a friend and I went to see a local production of "Annie" last Friday, which I am slightly embarrassed to say was the first time I had seen it all the way through! Another friend of mine was one of the performers and did a stunning job, of course :). The show itself was held in a small theater with Victorian design, which created a rather intimate environment.

I had my own performance this past Thursday, just the second of the season - late winter/spring will be much crazier! (I relish the challenge; let's hope I actually manage to make it through.) The school winter concert went well enough, us being a small orchestra.

Friday was the premier of The Hobbit, which I was eagerly anticipating. If I had been allowed, I would have gone to the midnight showing... ah, parents. You have to love them. But that's fine, because I saw it FRIDAY night instead! If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend doing so - it was just what you  could have asked for, if not more. Oh, but the music - during the Misty Mountains song (not sure of the proper title), I could have wept; it was beautifully developed.



This coming week, I will be seeing the new Lincoln movie and Les Miserables as well, and will be sure to share my opinion with you! And a second showing of The Hobbit may be in order...

Last tidbit: we (finally) got our Christmas tree yesterday! It has lights, the star, and tinsel, but no ornaments as of yet. Soon!


Until then, merry Christmas!
mary beth

No comments:

Post a Comment