"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Look, Ma, No Hair!

If you have spoken to me at length, you know that I have been planning this for a while. If I was accepted  to go to Austria, I said I would wait until I got back. If I wasn't, I would do it that summer. I was accepted, as you very well know, and have finally gotten up the nerve. Today, I had my hair cut to donate to Locks of Love, which makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to cancer. (After about 6 months of being back...)

Here I am this morning, for my "before" shot:


There is no great story here; I was a bit nervous to have it cut after so long, but was ready today to have it done with!


 When it was all over, I am proud to say that about 13 in/33 cm were cut off to mail in.





My hair hasn't been this short since... 7th grade? It will not stay in a bun, I doubt it will braid well, and I won't even attempt a French-braid. But maybe I can curl it in under three hours?

AHHHH!!! MY HAIR IS SO TINY!

Ok. Well. Happy New Year.
xoxo
mary beth

No comments:

Post a Comment