"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Not to worry - I won't make you suffer through endless resolutions or a recap of my entire year. It'll be enough to cover my winter break! It's kind of like a last hurrah before school starts back tomorrow. Prep for Christmas at my house looked something like this:

{Cookie baking!}

{My brother being himself!}

{Lights and a dusting of snow!}

{Present wrapping!}
Christmas Eve, we all went to church (I in my dirndl) and came home with a surprise guest. He had shown up to the service soaked through, in need of a dry (warm) place to spend the night. In the morning, we all woke and opened gifts, ate my mom's sweet bread, and my mom and I worked on dinner. Afterwards, our guest departed, courtesy of my dad's taxi service. (In case you were wondering, he doesn't really have one. A taxi service, that is.)

{All of the stockings!}


{Thanks, Mom!}
I went with my mom and a friend to see Les Mis (and I had gone with other friends to see The Hobbit a second time...), which we all found fantastic. My hair was cut, as you know, and my family and I went to Philadelphia for a day.

{Visiting Independence Hall}
New Year's Eve, I headed out to play for a local wedding and returned home for the countdown to midnight! We ate well, loudly rang in the new year, and my brother and I each decorated gingerbread:

{My house}

{My brother's caveman!}















Happy New Year!
mary beth

P.S. The minion and I also watched Despicable Me at one point :)



No comments:

Post a Comment