"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Eat More Bananas

Hello, hello! I just realized that I seem to have fallen into writing about once a month, which seems to be a pretty good schedule for me right now. Why didn't anyone tell me my senior year would be this crazy? And yet it seems as if I have little to tell the world about where I've been and who I have seen.

I have been actively visiting schools and narrowed down which ones I will be applying to. Looking back now, I realize that I do indeed have some pictures to share with you from these short trips! My most recent was to northwestern Pennsylvania, which is lovely this time of year. Actually, I think everywhere is rather lovely this time of year, so perhaps it's just my preference for fall. :)



Just a friendly reminder?
Now that I look back at these, though, they don't really look very fall-like...

In rather sad news, some of you may know that I had a rabbit named Muffin - yes, you did read that correctly, had. He passed a week ago and I just wanted to mention him.

Last but not least, I auditioned for All-State Orchestra today! Hopefully I will be accepted; I have no clue when I will be told.

stay warm!
-mary beth

P.S. Oh, and the hurricane happened since I last wrote! We are fine, just lost power for a couple of days. Here is a picture of what happened in our area... rain and lots of fallen leaves!



No comments:

Post a Comment