"Down here at Cape Spartel is the celebrated cave of Hercules, where the hero took refuge when he was vanquished and driven out of the Tangier country. It is full of inscriptions in the dead languages, which fact makes me think Hercules could not have traveled much, else he would not have kept a journal."

-"The Innocents Abroad," Mark Twain

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Unexpected

To begin with, I will give you the news first and the pictures later: I have jammed my right wrist and POSSIBLY broken my left wrist. Yes, possibly. The doctors cannot decide - some say it is broken, others not. Anyway, I now have a cast on it. I was not offered any color options, so it is that color of things that glow in the dark and your know it should be white but it isn't really. But that is not the important thing. HOW, Mary Beth, could you DO such a thing? Don't you know that wrists are important to be able to do things, like play a viola?! Yes, I know. It's not like it was intentional. On Wednesdays, I have PE in the afternoon, so of course, that is where I was. The period was almost over, and we ran relays backwards. I, being me, managed to trip, and fell backwards, catching myself from behind with my hands. Quite simple actions, very frustrating consequences.

Going backwards (ha, ha) to last weekend, we were outside and I have a few spring-ish pictures for you:

These little purple flowers are everywhere!

Not the most flattering picture of myself, but you know spring is approaching when you are able to stick your hand in a creek long enough to take a picture from below! (Can you believe how clear the water is?)

GREEN! NO SNOW!
 This week is my spring break, so I hope to have something up by the time it is over! Should be interesting with our visitors, my lack of capabilities due to my bound wrists, and our travels... and in case I do not post before Easter, Happy Easter to you all!

XOXO, mary beth

P.S. I forgot to post this last time I wrote, but my host sister and I made lemon poppy seed muffins :)

2 comments:

  1. sorry you had the accident. love you! like the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your wrist is better soon!
    Love the pictures. What are the flowers called?

    Love you bunches - Dad

    ReplyDelete